Monday, June 7, 2010

Up Too Early...

It's four in the morning.
I can't sleep.
I've got a lot on my mind, for no reason at all.
The past five months of 2010 have been magnificent!
I've somehow managed to keep all of my New Year's resolutions, in addition to enjoying the added surprises that come up along the way.
Of course it's in my nature to be upset or disappointed in something-
which explains why I'm up right now...
I guess my mind is trying to find something to be fixated on, and because things are (for the most part) right on course for me, my mind is unable to accept this as a good thing.

It's common for me to try and make something better. When in fact maybe I just need to relax and savor the moment. I have achieved a ton in the past five months. Most of all, I've experienced a level of faith and accomplishment in myself as an artist and person.

Nevertheless, the battle remains- to accept where I am today, and grow from here. I know that it's a never ending fight to appreciate each day for what it brings. Some (days) more than others... I'm okay with that. It's just a matter of checking in and reminding myself that good, bad or in between I can shine if I just stay focused on positive energy.

No comments: