Friday, June 18, 2010

Moving Sucks! Part 1

After five wonderful years in my beautiful Hollywood Hills bungalow... I'm moving!
To an even more breathtaking Hollywood Hills Penthouse! With a view that spans all of downtown Los Angeles all the way to Malibu! Plus a washer and dryer and NO MORE LOOKING FOR PARKING!!! I'll have my own underground parking spot!
But the most amazing part- I'll be paying less than I pay now!
Thank you poor economy! (Hey, it's the only plus in this economic climate!)
But enough of the bragging-
Because as thankful as I am to move... The actual process sucks!
Phase one began today, when my asshole of a landlord came by to "inspect" the place...
I just love when people expect you to return things in BETTER condition than when you first moved in! He has a poor memory of what the place looked like five years ago- But never fear! I have the pictures to remind him of all the amazing things I've done to make the place more livable...
In fact today I spent two hours patching holes and painting... How many tenants do that before they leave?
I assure you- not many in LA!
This move is going to wreck me... I'm kind of a freak about needing my home to be perfect ASAP, but because I'm traveling out of town so much, I have a feeling this is going to be a move in phases...
Uhg! I'm so not looking forward to the loading and unloading. I'm thankful the move is only one block away- and I've already got a jump on the packing. So I'm going to do my best to stay positive and stress free.
Ha! We'll see how long that last! Hopefully by July 4th I'll be ready to throw a big party...

No comments: