Monday, July 5, 2010

Running on Empty...

I keep promising myself that I'll take ten minutes to write more than three sentences and call it a "blog post."
Sadly, I just feel like I'm running on empty...
Between moving and traveling for work, I don't have much time to spare.
I feel uncreative too-
So I don't see the point in wasting time forcing myself to compose a long contemplative essay or even a short story.
I'm fully aware that the entire goal of my January 2010 resolution (to write a blog post a day) was to stay fresh and keep the creative juice flowing...
So here I sit, fighting the urge to go organize something in the bathroom that needs to be arranged, or catching up on some desperately craved sleepy time...
And the funny thing is even now as sit here at my computer, I feel the drive to get my mind back on track!
Too bad I leave town again tomorrow for another week of judging a national talent competition in Las Vegas. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the money and the free trip to Vegas (where I'm positive I won't sleep and I'll spend all my free time by the pool drinking) but, I just hope that by this time next Sunday, I'll be ready to complete a July project-
Other than rearranging the book shelf in my living room!

No comments: