Thursday, July 22, 2010

I'm Back!

You know when you hear those stories of people losing their mind and going completely crazy off the deep end... and then in a life changing moment, they find their inner self again and have huge success?
Well that didn't happen to me, however, I totally understand how it might.
I'm not going to lie, the past three weeks were a little rough for me. Between moving into a new place, that was once my old place, and traveling every other week for work, I really let myself go! I gave into the negative energy, fear and doubt. Plus, I started overeating. Gross!
Fortunately, I intercepted the "dark side" before I completely derailed- or gained too much weight!
The frightening thing is, no matter how many times you've been in the thick of the storm, you never realize when you're heading right for it. It's not until cows, family members and ugly witches riding bikes are flying past your window, that you realize yet again that you allowed negative energy into your soul.
The good news is, I'm getting so much better at catching that negative oppression and killing it, before it kills me!
I made a promise to myself in January 2010, that I would stomp out; stress, negativity, fear and doubt the minute they entered my head-
Instead, I played right into the destruction during my move. No excuses. I fell victim to worrying about things that don't matter. In addition, I was working fourteen hour days judging talent competitions in theatres across the country, and forgot that I still had to pay attention to my goals and creative outlets.
Thankfully, after a long hike in the hills above all the glitz and glamour- I was able to take a deep breath, stand back and remember who I am and what I'm capable of. Beyond that, I was able to remind myself that I can either submit to the doubt or march forward with faith and a positive attitude.
Time and again I master the idea: It's always easier to give up. But the success and happiness in life come from enduring the set backs, rising to each new challenge and staying present along the journey.

"It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end."

-- Ursula K. LeGuin
So true- I'm glad to be back!

No comments: