Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Directing Is Fun Too!


My life's ambition is and has always been about the creative process.
As much as I love to act and perform on stage, screen or living room-
I'm also deeply passionate about directing.
As an actor, I get to focus on the journey of the character I'm playing. I get to pretend to live in this imaginative world. I get to explore emotions I might not ever experience in my real life. I get to play out a fantasy, and people watch as the story unfolds...
Where as a director, I get to blaze further into the fantasy. I enjoy building an entire world on stage or screen and collaborating with actors, writers, set, costume and lighting designers to craft an artificial reality- It really is an out of this world experience!
Especially for an artistic control freak with big ideas, like myself. Directing is about bringing a writers imagination on the page, to life on stage or screen...
It is an exhilarating, frightening, (at times) overwhelming and wonderful process- but when everything comes together, for better or for worse, it's always an amazing feeling of accomplishment!
So I hope you'll check out my latest directing adventure...
Maggie Miguel ...a corporate american employee
Written by and starring the magnificent and talented Maggie Miguel.
It's a sexy, dirty, hilariously honest show that I'm extremely proud of in every way!

No comments: