Monday, September 13, 2010

Health, Health, Health.

I exercise because I have to!
Not because I enjoy it!
In fact, I really despise that very idea that in order for me to stay thin and "healthy" I'm required to keep my heart rate up for twenty minutes and stay active;
Anyone who knows me can attest to the point that I would much rather spend my day watching television or lounging by a pool- in either scenario I'd be sipping on wine and over-eating...
Nevertheless, I force myself to get up off my tired, flabby ass and workout. At least four times a week.
Today, I decided I should push myself-
So I took a twenty minute hike up a steep, but scenic road in the gorgeous Hollywood Hills.
I was so inspired by the landscape and the idea that I live and work in La La Land... that I decided to run/jog on the way back home.
I thought I was going to die. Right there on Sunset Boulevard.
I pushed through the pain and made it home...
My knees want to kill me! My back is twisted and torn, and my ass still feels flabby!
Sometimes you just have to ask: "What's the point?"
...But I trust that when I'm old and grey, I'll be happy that I stayed active.

No comments: