Thursday, September 16, 2010

Technology... Ain't It A Bitch?

I woke up today, and my computer decided that it didn't want to wake up with me...
Every day starts nearly the same for me:
I wake up.
Splash cold water on my face.
Do a quick workout / stretch / meditation routine.
Grab a cup of coffee.
Finally, around 10 am, I make my way into my office to; check emails, update my Facebook and Twitter accounts, write my daily blog post and work on my creative projects...
This morning was no different...
That is, until I walked into my office and sat down at my desk, and realized that my computer did not feel like waking up!
I have a very nice MAC book computer- and though it's several years old... there isn't a scratch on it! I take extremely good care of my possessions- Especially the expensive electronic ones!
There was no sign of malfunction in the hard drive, and no reason for it to stay locked in "sleep" mode.
Of course I have all of the information stored on my computers hard drive backed up on two different external hard drives, and a wireless back up floating somewhere in space.
So I'm not concerned about losing any of my information... I am however totally bummed that I'm not able to follow through with my morning ritual! Plus, I have a ton of writing to do...
I decided to take my computer to the Apple store and have them run a diagnostic test.
Luckily, I was able to get an appointment today, and was in the store within thirty minutes.
After arriving at Apple and explaining my situation, the Genius behind the counter headed to the back to run a complete test-
Several minutes passed, and when he returned, he had a big smile on his face. He informed me that everything checked out "A okay!" on their diagnostic, and continued to tell me that he reset the "motherboard" so everything should be "good to go!"
So I did just that. I walked out, relived that this trip didn't cost me any money, and I was assured that there was nothing wrong with my computer. It was just a matter of resetting the system...
I came home, plugged my computer in and sat down ready to get on with my social networking and online creativity-
...only to have the damn thing go to sleep in the middle of my blog entry!
Thankfully, I have access to another computer when it's not being used... Sadly, my blog entry was lost, and I had to write a new one (which is what you're reading now!)
What's worse- I have no idea what's wrong with my computer...
and neither do the "Genius's" at the Apple store!
It makes me really hate technology!

No comments: