Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Lesson Learned. Again...

I've spent my entire life comparing nearly every event, adventure and accomplishment I've experienced with an early moment or memory. So it's no wonder I would fall into this pattern day in and day out-
Of course the start of 2011 has been no different! Despite the fact that I've already wrapped on a successful project that I co-produced, wrote, directed and act in and it's only the second week of a new year... My mind wants to stress that I'm not doing enough.
Or worse- that I'm already not living up to the success I had last year!
It's a strange and overwhelming feeling. And though I am aware that I have this flaw in my personality, rather than stop the negative thoughts- for some reason I allow myself to buy into it! Again!
Even after a wonderful year without it... Some part of me feels like I did so good last year that I have no chance "top it."
I realize how ridiculous this notion is... what's worse is that I know how to stop it
Thankfully today I snapped out of it.
I woke up and remembered the key ingredient:
I was successful last year because I lived in the moment EVERY day.
Without any preconceived ideas about what I had to accomplish.
I did not let myself give in to the negative energy or doubt, and I didn't worry about the uncontrollable circumstances.
In short- I lived in the moment with a positive outlook and balanced lifestyle.
I enjoyed my play time, creative time, work, family, friends, travel and health.
I focused on what I could accomplish each day, and was open and responsive to the unexpected opportunities that came along
So, I'm going to forgive myself for forgetting the amazing lessons I learned last year, I'm going to concentrate on living in the moment with positive energy, I'm going to continue to work to create projects and opportunities that inspire me and I'm going to force myself to stop comparing my life to past experiences or people.
I have to trust that living in the moment has always lead me on an amazing journey, and as long as I keep my energy moving forward and my faith in check, I will end up exactly where I'm meant to be.

No comments: