Sunday, January 2, 2011

It's So Hard To Say Goodbye...

After spending the last 365 days sharing my emotions to the blogosphere-
I'm having a hard time resisting the urge to sign on and chat!
I spent a number of days during the past year forcing myself to make sure I followed through with my writing goals- even if I had nothing important or creative to say. So I never imagined I'd actually miss the opportunity to release my thoughts, yet here I sit only one day away from an accomplished resolution from last year... and I'm ready to blog some more!
It may be out of habit. But I think it's a bit deeper.
I'm going back to Los Angeles tomorrow, and I'm sad I have to leave my family-
In particular, both my grandma's. Two wonderful women. Very different, but amazing and beautiful in their own way.
I hate saying goodbye to begin with- when it's either of them the layers of pain are intensified.
They sit, each of them with their puppy, and I see them in a new light.
The look in their eyes; sorrow, joy, fear and pride all in one glance. I know they worry about me-
I wonder if they realize how much I worry about them?
It kills me to watch these two magnificent women struggle in their own way with the aging process-
Not from a vain point of view.
I don't know how many more chances I'll get to spend time with each of them, I hope and pray they'll be around and healthy for many years to come.
But the only thing I can be sure of, is the time I get now...
Which is why it's so hard to say goodbye!

No comments: