Monday, October 17, 2011

Cleaning House...

Over time one can amass a huge amount of clutter in all manners of life;
Like an overgrown garden, career paths and relationships are often neglected-
Days, months, sometimes even years pass before we realize that weeds have surpassed the beautiful flowers, and insects we didn't even know were there, are destroying the entire greenhouse.
This year it occurred to me that the metaphorical "house" that is my life had become a version of Grey Gardens...
I forced myself to pull back the drapes and face the ugly truth now exposed in the harsh light of day-
Friendships turned upside-down, business associates that have rotted to the core, even family matters that have been shoved into a closet.
It was time for me to clean house.
At first the process felt impossible. I finally got a glimpse at what a hoarder must feel when the camera crews come blazing through their home...
But as I began slowly removing the toxic clutter, I was once again able to see the beauty that still surrounded me.
Cleaning "house" I rediscovered the things in my life that are most important.
I filed the moments I treasure, arranged the objects I love to display and deleted the energy that had become a waste of space.
Hopefully in the future I will remember to spend more time on the maintenance and up keep of my life!

No comments: