Thursday, October 27, 2011

Remembering Grandpa


Today I remember the man who taught me how to make the most delicious scrambled eggs, how to shave in five minutes and how to make an entire room laugh without saying a word!
It's hard to believe my grandpa has been gone for two years. No matter how long it's been, his energy and spirit live on in me and my family.
He was a great man. Stylish, intelligent, funny, calm, brave and full of life.
He encouraged me to follow my dreams. To live everyday to the fullest. To "stop worrying so much."
And most important, how to put your family first.
Growing up he would always remind me, "Life's short Matski, enjoy every second!" Then he'd follow with, "Carpe diem, Seize the day Mattski!"
Of course at the time I couldn't really understand what he meant. But as I got older, I started to see the years pass. Just before he died we had a wonderful conversation- It was all I needed to hear to refocus my life, take bigger risks and enjoy each day for what it brings. Today, brings wonderful memories of a man I loved with all my heart and soul.

No comments: