Thursday, January 26, 2012

Spaghetti Dinner

One of my favorite childhood memories is Sunday Dinner!
Waking up watching. Watching cartoons until mom or dad told me I had to get in the shower and get dressed... Then off to church.  
Once church was out, I was eager to get to my grandma's house.
I'll never forget the smell when I'd walk into the house!
The aroma was so enticing I could hardly wait to dig into a huge bowl of spaghetti and meatballs!
As I got older, I sat and watched both of my grandmas prepare their unique recipe for the sauce.
Eventually, I started making the sauce with them...
Now, I'm on my own.  I've created a nice hybrid of both recipes that either grandma would be proud!
I love having friends over for my version of spaghetti dinner.
(Even if it's not Sunday...)
The aroma is the same, and so is the love from which it was prepared.
But I don't think it'll ever taste quite as divine as it did as a child!

No comments: