Thursday, August 5, 2010

I Do.

I'm proud of California. Yesterday "The Golden State" lived up to its nickname and officially joined the twenty-first century- by reversing the ban on gay marriage. Equality for all is now one step closer for everyone in the United Stares of America.

I'm especially moved by reading a portion of Chief United States District Judge Vaughn Walker's ruling; “the evidence shows Proposition 8 does nothing more than enshrine in the California Constitution the notion that opposite sex couples are superior to same sex couples.”
Walker also concluded that “gender no longer forms an essential part of marriage; marriage under law is a union of equals.”

I applaud Judge Vaughn Walker for understanding that every person regardless of gender or sexual preference should have the same rights.
Now all gay couples are entitled to share in the same sex-less, unhappy relationships of their straight counter parts!
I joke, of course- I'm truly grateful for the progress that we as a country continue to achieve. Moreover, I'm encouraged by the clarity and enlightenment that continues to grow in the human heart!
I'm anxious for the day I get to say: I Do!

No comments: