Friday, August 6, 2010

New York, NY- It's A Wonderful Town!

I've reached the end of my week here in New York-
Though I will be sad to leave my friends, I have to admit, I'm ready to get back to my home in good ol' Los Angeles!
New York, New York- It's a wonderful town!
Until all of the hustle and bustle of tourist, traffic, and stress begin to pile up on top the steaming pile of stinky trash the lines the summer streets everyday... and I'm reminded of just how tough it is to live in New York!
Don't get me wrong, I had seven wonderful years here. And I love coming back to visit with friends and pick up the occasional job...
But as usually, the magic begins to wear off and all I'm left with is a rage beyond any emotion I've ever felt before.
I love NYC. I love the theatre and culture. The food and social gatherings. The parks and gorgeous architecture-
I've enjoyed this week, and now it's time to leave- before I decided to go ape shit on the next person who cuts me off getting on the elevator, or stops to answer their phone in the middle of a pedestrian sidewalk, or my favorite... people who move so slow getting on or off the subway that you get shut out, and have to wait for the next train!
Yes, I got my NYC fill... Now I'm ready to go home and enjoy the calm, California sun on the beach in Malibu!
New York- I'll see you next year.

No comments: