Sunday, February 20, 2011

Joan Rivers is Tenacious

You can say what you want about Joan Rivers, but I've got to give her credit... The woman is tenacious!
I'm sitting in a hotel room somewhere in Scottsdale, Arizona. I just finished judging performers at the worlds largest talent competition.
It can be such a soul crushing job at times- Honestly, how are you supposed to tell a person that their passion is not enough?
Sadly, that's what I get paid for.
When I got back to the hotel I turned on the TV and to my surprise the Joan Rivers documentary Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work was on.
I've watched it once before, and loved it. So I decided to decompress and watch it again-
I'm so glad I did too!
She reminded me that regardless of what critics, industry professionals, family, friends and colleagues may say-
if you were born with the passion, spirit and soul of an entertainer, you're going to fight like hell to achieve your dreams.
I feel at peace again in my heart.
And more inspired than ever to conquer my next goal!

No comments: