Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Peaceful Clarity.

After a rocky January, I was allowing the negative energy and doubt to slowly seep back into my day to day life. I've been aware of the unwanted feelings, but frustrated that for whatever reason, I haven't been able to release them and focus on the positive action and energy that lead to a successful and adventurous 2010.
So I decided to take a long walk along the beach in Malibu yesterday...
At the beginning of the stroll, I felt overwhelmed and frustrated. However, as I continued down the beach, I turned my attention to the crashing of the waves and the sun's warmth. It was difficult at first, but once I relaxed and let my mind rest- I noticed an instant change in my mood and outlook.
I was able to feel the sand beneath my feet, smell the salty sea air and enjoy the meditative flow of the ocean. I remembered again that every fear, doubt and insecurity is distracting me from what I know I'm capable of achieving. I took a moment to stand still, and with my eyes closed, I faced the ocean and thought about all of the wild journeys I've experienced in my life.
I was happy, proud and excited to move forward with this new year full of possibilities!
I was a little upset that I had to re-re-re-re-remember this idea, it's as if you make the realization, understand the point of life and see how easy it is to be positive, calm and accomplished- and then you go to bed at night, and you wake up forgetting everything you learned.
Then it dawned on me; setting goals and working toward creating positive energy and opportunity is important. But even more so, I'm grateful for moments of peaceful clarity- they don't come often and don't last long, so I try to live in them fully~



No comments: