Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Clouds Have Parted.

It's no secret that my year so far has been off to a rocky start.
I've revealed in several of last months blog entries, that my inability to maintain the positive outlook that helped me achieve so much last year, has been MIA.
I admit- ninety percent of my frustration is due to my lack of willingness to follow through with the recipe that has triumphed in the past.
Well, the sky may be gloomy and grey today- but a glimmer of light has burst through the darkness and jolted me back into action!
Everyday that I spend comparing my past achievements to my present circumstances, is a wasted opportunity to grow.
No matter how many times I've reminded myself of that idea this year, I've been unable to retain the knowledge-
Today the clouds in my mind have separated. I can either spend my energy lost in the haze of past victories, or I can set out to conquer new regions!
It's such an easy concept- Just be happy.
It requires so much work and faith to release the fear and doubt, and just stay focused on the "happy." But every time I remind myself what the worst case scenario is, it occurs to me;
I have nothing in life to lose, except a missed opportunity!


No comments: