Friday, February 25, 2011

Living The Dream!

I'm fully aware that I have a wonderful life-
I'll take it a step further and admit that this week has been a surreal experience.
A real LA moment! I'm living the dream...
Proof again that positive energy and faith can triumph over fear of the unknown.

On the heels of such a wonderful year in 2010- I've been really struggling to maintain a sense of calm and clarity. After a series of misfortunate events, I was starting to lose faith in myself and the path I was on. This lack of confidence really hit home after an embarrassing audition for a new television show that I had last week.

I was honestly questioning my path. It's so strange how fast confidence can come and go. One minute I'm elated to be receiving glowing reviews for a parody I'm in, and the next, I'm questioning if I'm ever going to work again...

Then, on Saturday while I was judging a talent competition out of town, I received an email for an audition for a new Disney television show. It was a last minute audition to replace an actor who the producers didn't feel was right for the job. The audition was Tuesday, and if booked- I would go straight to hair, make-up and wardrobe and then onto the sound stage to shoot the first scene.

Instantly my mood shifted. No matter how tired I was from sitting in a dark theatre critiquing the stars of tomorrow, my heart began to race at the thought of booking a Disney show!
I reminded myself (like I've done for the past fifteen years of my life) that "this could be the one!"

I arrived at the Hollywood Center Studios, in Los Angeles around 9:15 am. I auditioned along side four other guys that the producers and director were considering for the part. Once each of us had auditioned we waited in a production office and the producer called each actor in one at a time to find out if they were the lucky guy that booked the part...

Because I was the third guy called into the office, I assumed I didn't get it... However, to my delight, they offered me the part on the spot!
The next thing I know I was off to hair and make-up and then into my costume!
By 11 am, I was shooting my first scene on the new Disney show KICKIN IT!

I spent the entire day in heaven. I'm at the point in my life when I realize these jobs don't come around that often... so when they do, I want to make sure that I'm really getting the whole experience!

For me it's such an accomplishment that I was able to book a job on a television show so early into the year! Of course it's what I hope and pray for everyday- so when the circumstances actually arrive, I'm grateful to "live" in them fully.
And I did! I spent every moment on that set soaking it up!
And to be honest, I received all of the validation I needed to realize that this is my path.
I just have to remain true to myself and follow my dreams.
I've already accomplished so many of my goals in life- that occasions like booking a Disney job when you are least expecting it, is extra icing on my cake!
P. S. Don't you think I make a great Disco Dude!?!

No comments: