Thursday, May 5, 2011

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Today my birthday celebration continues! ...and why not?
It's Cinco de Mayo! Which is basically a holiday created in honor of the fact that the Mexicans unexpectedly conquered the French at the Battle of Puebla.
I'm almost positive that no one in Mexico celebrates it, but in the grand tradition of the United States of America- we look to this day as a chance to raise a margarita and celebrate with our amigos south of the boarder!
So grab a poncho, break out the Latin music and line up the tequila shots... it's time for a fiesta!
Seriously though, I'm having such a wonderful week.
As I've mentioned many times in past entries, I never imagined what my life would be like past thirty.
I'm officially thirty-three years old and I am overwhelmed with gratitude. I know how cliche it sounds, but my faith has never been stronger. Honestly, I'm in total ecstasy with the friends, family, adventures and opportunities that I have been blessed with in my life.
If my life ended tomorrow- I would go as a happy man who was fortunate enough to live a life beyond my wildest expectations.
But as long as my journey continues- I plan on blazing forward into the dark unknown with the same fearless attitude that has served me so well up to this point in my life!
On that note... I think it's time for another margarita!

No comments: