Sunday, May 29, 2011

Number One Reason To Come Home

When I first moved away from home, I struggled from major withdrawal.
I was so attached to my family, and though I had my mind set on building my career, I just hated being so far away from them.
I couldn't wait for a holiday, graduation or wedding to have an excuse to return home.
As the years passed the trips home got more complicated- Naturally, I evolved into an independent individual. The family dynamic changes.
It's painful to see grandparents grow older.
Cousins begin having kids of their own.
Parents get remarried...
And everyone wants their way, but no one wants to compromise. It becomes a battle not to fight.
Then the moment comes-
You get a phone call from your sister, and you find out that you're going to be an Uncle!
Then the joyous day comes... I'm officially an uncle.
Not to mention, I was asked to be my beautiful niece's godfather!
Coming home becomes magically again!
Yes, it's still a challenge battling the urge not to argue with family, or the heartache of watching loved ones get older, but my little niece has become my number one reason to come home more often!
I'm mean how can I resist this:

No comments: