Friday, May 13, 2011

On My Career...

I've finally wrapped my mind around the idea that this career that chose me,
this passion that I have- may take another ten years to fully blossom.
And I'm okay with that.
It's no longer about the fame, attention or the money-
I've dedicated most of my life to a dream that I've had since I was eight years old.
To pretend that I would be happy doing anything else is wasted energy.
I'm proud of the journey I've had so far.
So bring it on!
Bring on more auditions that don't lead to anything.
Bring on more opportunities that fall through.
Bring on that bank account that hovers around one hundred dollars.
I'm not afraid of the life I lead anymore-
I've embraced the amazing adventures I've had.
More important, I've learned how to maintain a balanced life when the ride comes to an end.
Plus, I'm really great at seeking out a new expedition.
I've invested a lifetime of hard work, passion and sacrifice-
The reward is that my childhood dream is blooming into a reality.

No comments: