Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Vacation Please!

Vacations can be tricky,
On the one hand, the whole point of a vacation is to escape the day to day life-
To relax, unwind and turn your brain off.
Then there are those vacations where you travel to lush destinations, take in the sights, eat fabulous food and spend too much money shopping galore.
But the most challenging vacations for me are the trips home to be with family.
Of course I'm so happy to see my loved ones.
Still, there are layered emotions and constantly changing dynamics that turn my universe into a whirlwind.
I exhaust the majority of my time stressing out about spending the same amount of quality time with each of my relatives. The remaining time is focused on helping out with little projects.
Any down time is filled with me on my iPhone trying to stay connected to my life back in Los Angeles.
No matter how hard I try to relax and let go of the voice in my head telling me to do more,
I'm left feeling overwhelmed and longing for a vacation from my vacation...
Alas- the minute my trip is over and I return home, I find myself missing my family.

No comments: