Thursday, May 26, 2011

I Finally Get It...

I always thought I knew exactly what my purpose was on this earth.
I have faith in God that I was put here for a reason.  
I have faith in myself that I could take the passion, determination and talent I posses and
use it to impact the lives of others.
My mistake was in believing that the only way I could make a difference was once I had achieved my
highest goal.
What finally clicked today, (and I admit it was entirely because of Oprah's last show) was that I have had an impression on every person that I have ever interacted with- and they on me.
Until today, I believed that I was living a full life-
I gave myself permission to shine a long time ago and I honestly thought I had been doing just that ever since.  
But I have not.
There was still a piece of me holding back. 
I was waiting to be validated.  
But I was seeking it from the wrong places.
Fame, money and recognition is not validation.
It is fame, money and recognition.
Today it became clear.  My life has been filled with validation.
In every job I've been blessed with, every bond that I've made, every smile I've shared, every journey and wild adventure has been a validation of my life.
Today I will stop waiting for the perfect opportunity to make a difference, and I will work to make a difference in every opportunity.

No comments: