Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Overwhelmed With Love On My Birthday!

I love a celebration.
It doesn't really matter what the occasion, I am always ready to party like a rock star.
So you can imagine how I feel today-
Today is my 33rd Birthday.
I never thought I'd be so excited about getting another year older once I turned thirty.
But recently it occurred to me:

Birthdays are like a smelly cheese or a delicious bottle of wine...
With age comes a rich flavor, bold confidence and refined restraint.
Plus, you're worth more!

This year, my birthday month (Yes, birthday month) started off on a high note!
The month began with a pre-birthday visit from two of my closest friends from New York City.
While they were here, we went to a Dodgers game, hung out at the beach and ate at every amazing restaurant under the sun!
Also during their stay, I found out that The Real Housewives of New York Season 4 Parody made the Boston Herald as the number 1 video to watch! Above the boys from the Jackass movies!
Then, I was asked to choreograph a video for The Cartoon Network featuring Lil P-Nut and Haunted by Heroes. Which was a total blast. Aside from the fact that we were shooting a throw back version of Steven Tyler and Run-D.M.C.'s "Walk This Way" circa 1986...
I was thrilled that I was able to bring my New York friends to the sound stage and share with them a slice of my life while they were in Los Angeles.

But today was the icing on my birthday cake-
I woke up this morning to an overwhelming chain of birthday wishes on Facebook.
Honestly, I couldn't believe how moved I was to wake up and see so many beautiful messages for my birthday from all of my friends old and new!
It's like my Grandma Shaffer always reminds me;

"Make new friends,
But keep the old,
New ones are silver.
Old ones are gold."

Today I feel like the most blessed man alive. I have the career I've always dreamed of.
A family who gives me unconditional love and support...
and there is no greater gift in the world, than the friendships I've made throughout my life.
To all of my friends, old and new- thank you for sharing your love and energy with me!

No comments: