Friday, June 29, 2012

Back in Branson

It seems like just yesterday I was sneaking into McGuffy's bar for an ice cold 20 oz Bud Light in a frosted mug, here in Branson after one of the evening shows at The Moon River theatre...
Alas, that was over twelve years ago!
I was twenty years old and felt invincible.
Naturally I've grown up a lot since then- 
I can no longer stay up until 4 AM and then roll into the theatre for a matinee the next day.  I also prefer wine over Bud Light (unless of course I'm at a beer pong tournament, a sporting event or eating pizza.)
However, I am happy to report that I still have that same great feeling when I walk onto a stage for the first time or get to perform.  
It's strange working in a place you've worked before after a full decade has passed.
In many ways time stands still, the smell of cedar still fills the air and the memories come flooding back!
Branson was my playground in my early twenties-
It will be interesting to see what fun adventures I can have (clearing throat) early thirties?!

No comments: