Thursday, August 8, 2013

I Saw The Sign

Every year, we usually end up with tickets to the Hollywood Bowl.
I love it.
The music, culture, friends, food wine and people watching-
It's the perfect LA moment!
Last night was special for me. Not because Steve Martin was performing, though he was very entertaining.
One of my favorite moments at the Bowl, is as the sun sets behind the Hollywood Hills, the dusk heightens the romantic atmosphere-
Then, I always see it, right near the famous Hollywood sign, there's a gigantic Cross lite up.
I see that Cross on every trip to the bowl, and each time it feels like the first- a significant sign just for me.
"Remember Matthew, God is with you. You are safe. You have nothing to fear."
Last night however, I did not see that Cross.
It turns out the seats that we'd been given were perfectly placed in a gorgeous section of the outdoor theatre, and right next to us was a very lovely old tree hiding the Cross.
It suddenly dawned on me,
"Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it's not there."
It was the most brilliant analogy for Faith.
It came at the exact moment in my life that I needed it.
After losing my gram, the doubt and questioning of my path and purpose in life began to seep in like a slow killing poison. 
I miss her so much, and no matter how many times I've tried to release my pain, my downward spiral continued.
I was remind last night, that in no way is my lack of Faith or sadness serving God or the spirit of my grandma. 
My time on this earth is short-
God has had a magnificent presence in everything good in my life.
I'd rather spend whatever time I have here filled with; happiness, hope, passion, love and Faith.
Whether I can see it or not, God has a path for me, I have to trust that it's there.

No comments: