Thursday, September 8, 2011

Just Get It Done!

You know those people that start a really cool project, creation or adventure and then abandon it half way through because they're worried that it's not perfect?
Yeah- I am not one of them!
I get shit done...
So it's frustrating to work with people who don't.
I've never understood how someone could be so smart, talented or ambitious, and yet so unmotivated to follow through.
I'm sure several factors including; insecurity, fear of failure and perfectionism are all in part to blame. Still, I can only imagine that it must suck to have dozens of unfinished dreams.
I vowed a long time ago, after watching several of my more talented friends give up on their dreams, that I would stay focused on a project until it is finished. Of course things don't always go the way we hope. Nor do they always turn out the way we expected. Nevertheless, I believe if an idea was promising enough to start, it should be worthy enough to finish.
Forget perfection. As a self-diagnosed Type A personality with a need for perfection, I've accepted that the people who succeed in life are the ones who show up!

No comments: