Saturday, September 10, 2011

More Proof that God is Great!

The past two years of my life have been among the most rewarding I've experienced...
I don't pretend to have it all figured out- and I imagine I never will. But I am so proud of the growth I've made in both my personal life and on my career path.
That being said, there are still those times when the struggle of following your passion takes it's toll! (Please see yesterday's entry...)
In the past two years I've been blessed with great jobs, fun adventures and success in creating my own opportunities.
After my company finished the year long process of developing, producing and shooting a new television pilot, I realized that I had no other jobs lined up in the immediate future.
To a "normal" person with a Nine to Five job, that probably sound outrageous. But for an actor, it's very normal. Still, it's never easy! As I get older the presences of the "unknown" gets tougher to stomach. It's natural to fall into panic mode.
Then I remember... NOTHING positive results from fear and doubt.
So I began focusing on creating opportunities. As soon as I shifted my outlook the path was clear.
Then the unexpected...
I go to my mailbox today and to my surprise I received a residual check for an episode of Cold Case I was on four years ago!
The best part is that it was exactly enough to pay my rent for another month!
God is great! I give it up to God because these residual checks only seems to come when I'm on the verge of a total meltdown.
So yet again I realize that the stress and self-doubt are worthless!
At least this time I arrived at my faith a lot sooner and the heavenly check from a random TV rerun came a lot faster!

No comments: