Thursday, December 6, 2012

Marriage Equality In Mexico

When I think of Mexico, I think of;
cheap vacations,
getting drunk by a pool,
laying in the sun,
buying random handmade ___Fill in the Blank___,
drinking delicious margaritas,
dancing in the discotheques,
waking up in a strange hotel room with a girl named Bonita...
But I guess that's just the side of Mexico most Americans expect to see...
So today, when I woke up to read that Mexico's Supreme Court  unanimously ruled that a law to ban same-sex marriage is unconstitutional, I was shocked and inspired.
The court noted that assigning marriage to one man and one woman "violates the principle of equality."
I find it so encouraging that countries around the world view same-sex marriage as an matter of equality, not religion.
There's hope for America yet!

No comments: