Friday, December 28, 2012

The Artist's Way...

I was "lucky" to discover my passion at a very early age.
I knew exactly how I wanted to spend my time and live my life.
I was disciplined, focused and inspired to live the artist's way.
I ignored any doubt that I received from teachers, family and naysayers.
As I continued through life as an adult, I succeeded at accomplishing my goals.
I was living my dream.
But how long will it last?
It's a question I never asked myself as a kid.
It's a question you should NEVER ask if you're still enjoying your passion.
Nevertheless, it's an inevitable evil that arises as you get older and idealism turns into "You'reNotGettingAnyYoungerism..."
The temptation of doubt will destroy creativity.
The point I'm trying to drive home is that no matter how old or young and regardless of our financial situation, we only get one chance at manifesting the life we were born to live.
I'm rereading The Artist's Way, and I'm reminded that we are all given the opportunity to pursue our passion.
It doesn't take money or the approval of anyone else to set aside an hour a day to be creative. 
It only takes faith and self encouragement.
The only person that can give you the life that you want-
Is you.
I'm dedicated to giving myself the opportunity to shine in 2013!

No comments: