Friday, November 12, 2010

Fall Down Seven Times Get Up Eight.

Fall down seven times get up eight.
This is a Buddhist quote that I try to live by...
I'll admit, it's not always easy. However, I imagine the people who follow this zen idea, accomplish a lot more than the average Joe.
Similar to a boxer, you don't want to stay down for the count... I'm pretty sure the goal is to get up and finish the fight.
There was a moment yesterday when I was knocked down. I continued the fight. But I did so from the floor.
After a night of sleep and clear head this morning, I decided to get back up and try again.
It's not easy. Especially because I think I achieved the success yesterday. Unfortunately, I'm not always the one that gets to make that call.
So, here's to the Buddhist- May getting up this time (somewhere around four thousand eight hundred and eighty-five) be the time that I conquer the world!


No comments: