Monday, November 29, 2010

Big Brother Is Watching You...

It's official, I'm socially tapped in to the world!
The thought that once terrified me and sent me into a week long panic attack after reading George Orwell's book Nineteen Eighty-Four, in Mr. Goff's senior English class has become my reality!
I'm now linked, cross linked, integrated and plugged into every possible social website out there.
If I need a trusted opinion about the latest and greatest restaurant I'm thinking about eating at I can Yelp it. If I need to get a table at said restaurant, I can OpenTable it. If I want to let all of my friends across the world know I'm eating at that restaurant I can Facebook Place it. If I want to share a picture of my meal with everyone I will Tweet it. When I want to encourage new contacts to try it, I'll post it to Linkedin. When I'm ready to rave about that place myself, I'll go back to Yelp and write a review. Finally, when I'm ready to talk about the whole experience, I'll write a blog post, and share with everyone through GoogleBuzz!
And when the government wants to know exactly where I am and what I'm doing, I've given them a detailed map; with digital photocopies, bookmarks of every point along the journey including (but not limited to) a time stamped entry, my own personal commentary and an all access pass to use this information however they want!
Isn't technology wonderful!

No comments: