Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Good By Old Friend... I Wish You The Best.

Wiped.
Erased.
Deleted.
De-friended.
Un-followed.
Just like that, a friendship ends.
I too have felt the strains on our friendship over the past several months.
I tolerated a great deal. I overlooked the evil truth.
Some people are unwilling to take ownership of their part in a relationship.

I no longer have the time or energy to dance in circles with people who don't respect me enough to communicate in an adult manner. I cannot allow people to scream at me, curse at me and accuse me of things that they are guilty of themselves. I should have imagined that this day would come. I should have known based on the explosive situations I've witnessed between mutual friends.

Nevertheless, I struggled to walk away from the bond that I felt.
In the end, the loyalty is not with me. It is exactly where it's always been- on a selfish adult, incapable of change. A person full of self-hate, rage and the inability to be honest with himself.

In the end, his lack of respect for the eight years of friendship we experienced was made clear when he removed me from all forms of social media. As if we we're sixteen year old girls in love. Which is really funny, because it just occurred to me, maybe that's exactly what he is.
Either way, I stayed true to him and our friendship. I was always honest, even when it was inconvenient for me.
I don't care that we are no longer friends. I'm not upset that he removed me from Facebook or Twitter. I'm just grateful that the chaos and crazy are no longer my problem or concern.

I do hope that he has one person in his life that will tell him the truth. Someone that will be there for him when it really counts. Unfortunately, he is skillful at removing anyone that could actually help him grow as a person or artist. It's just easier for him to destroy the things he'd rather not face.
At least now I no longer have a front row ticket to his self destruction.
Good luck old friend. I honestly wish the best for you.

No comments: