Sunday, July 17, 2011

Life On The Road...

One of the many challenges of working in the entertainment industry is the travel factor.
As an artist, you have to go where the work is... Sometimes you get to work in the city you live, but most of the time you're on an airplane flying to some random location for various amounts of time.
After awhile you get used to living out of a bag. Missing your friends and loved ones. Eating crappy fast food or chain food and NOT working out.
But the toughest part is leaving my puppies!
They're so cute and innocent. They hate seeing the bags packed. Even if I go out of my way to pack at the last minute and hide the bags in the closet, they pick up on the energy...
It breaks my heart! Of course they have no way of knowing that I have to leave town for work, nor do they process the amount of time I'll be gone. Nevertheless, their little puppy feelings get soar when I leave. Lily gets tears in her eyes, and Ginger just mopes around for a few days.
The upside, returning from a week out of town! I get pounced, licked and loved for a soiled thirty minutes each! I guess if you have to leave, it's rewarding to return to such an amazing greeting!
Sure beats a welcome home sign!

No comments: