Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Did Somebody Say Starbucks?

Okay, so there once was a time when I had a little addiction to Starbucks coffee...
It wasn't that bad... I'd only stop in 3 or 4 times a day... everyday... for several years...
But it was while I lived in New York! That's what you did in NY... You left your 200 square foot apartment that you paid $2000.00 a month for, to eat out and spend most of your day in Starbucks writing, networking and waiting for auditions!
At one point my dad asked me how much I spent on Starbucks coffee a month, and I'm sad to report that after adding up one months receipts from Starbucks... the grand total was well over: $350.00.
Soon after that little realization, I decided to cut back. I'd only allow myself to go once a day, and that soon trickled into once a week, and eventually, I was only going to Starbucks a few times a month!
When I moved back to Los Angeles, it became even easier to skip Starbucks, because it was actually enjoyable making coffee at home and hanging out on my balcony!
...Long story short, I still very much love going to Starbucks! It's in my blood, and it makes me very happy! Sure, I try not to go that often. However, I must admit that I sneak in little Starbucks runs here and there...
Today, I'm excited because I get to see one of my best friends from NY (who actually lives in Cali but I NEVER get to see her) and we're meeting at a Starbucks!
It's like a wrinkle in time... If only I could go back and save that $350.00 a month... I'd own a Starbucks by now!

No comments: