Friday, February 19, 2010

Picture Day!

Do you remember school picture day? It was always a big deal in my family.
Mom would take my sister and I out for a new outfit and a hair cut the week before...
I never understood how kids would show up in a stained t-shirt or bed head (before it was cool to have bed head...) Remember those cheap plastic combs they would hand out? Or the gross woman who would lick her hand and then try to pin down your cow lick? ...maybe that only happened to me.
My family loves pictures... I got it from my mom, who got it from her dad. My Grandpa Smith always has the coolest, latest, greatest camera... and brings it everywhere he goes!
So you think I'd be used to striking a pose... Okay, who am I trying to fool right now? I love to smile for a camera... Usually.
The one exception is: Head shots!
I dread head shots... They are so expensive. No one ever likes the same shot. I always get an ingrown hair on my neck, always in the same spot (and sure enough it's there this morning!) Plus, it's just so much more fun to take picture when you have friends and family in them with you...
Uhhhhgggg. Wish me luck!

No comments: