Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love...

I woke up and thought I was in OZ... there was a little man baby walking around in my house wearing a diaper and holding a bow and arrow? That's when it hit me... (the arrow.)
I remember in elementary school making little heart cutouts with lace, glitter, and a lot of crazy glue... My mom would take us to Target and buy pre-made Smurfs Valentine's cards and I would use those as a template for each of the "one of a kind" designs I hand-crafted.
Then Mrs. Brown, my 3rd grade teacher, would help us hang our overly decorated white paper lunch sack with our name on it, up on a bulletin board. On Valentine's day, each of us would walk around the room and secretly drop little love notes to our admired classmates.
As an adult, Valentine's day gets a little more complicated... and a lot more expensive. We go out of our way to buy; flowers, chocolate, tickets to movies, fancy dinners, bottles of wine, etc...
However, my favorite Valentine's day memories, are the ones that were homemade and fr
om the heart. No matter how much or little we spend, the idea is the same... Valentine's Day is another opportunity to tell the people we hold dear in our life just how much we love them!

No comments: