Tuesday, April 6, 2010

...Oh no! Not Again!

I spent the morning in a sunny spot at a delicious cafe in Los Angeles...
The beauty of living in this city is that no matter where you are or what time of day, you know that you're going to be surrounded by creative people- making "things" happen. Which is presicely what I was working on...

Specifically, I spent time writing down ideas for my next go at stand-up comedy... I'm not exactly sure I'm prepared to get back up on stage solo and have people laugh at me...
Although, if not now... when? Besides- I go out of my way to live life on the edge, and for me stand-up is definitely that!

I swore up and down (after the last time I bombed at the Friar's Club in LA) that I would never do it again! ... and yet I sat happily today- laughing out loud at my own silly humor... let's just hope someone else does too!

Oh what do I care? I really have nothing to lose. ...and I have plenty to say!

Recently, I've felt a strong urge to get up and express my views and call attention to many of the absurdities in life that I'm fascinated with; like Kate Gosselin on Dancing With The Stars or why anyone watches Two and A Half Men?

And I know my friends are tired of hearing me bitch about these things and more...
So I might as well get up on stage and rant to an overcrowded, slightly drunk and bored group of people I don't know- maybe they'll think I'm funny!

No comments: