Monday, April 26, 2010

The French Can Dip...

Haute couture, delicious cheese, bold wines-
The French know how to do almost everything to perfection!

But are they really responsible for creating my number one favorite sandwich of all time:
the French Dip?
...I think not!

Shocking I know, I was surprised to find out that the sandwich I have worshiped and adored since I was weaned off the nipple was in fact created right here in sunny Los Angeles! Though two restaurants in Los Angeles have been fighting over who was Le Original since 1908... My vote goes to Philippe's!

No matter how you slice and dice it... there are very few places that can destroy the beauty of thinly sliced beef, wedged between decadent French baguette and dipped in au jus!

So no offense to France- I still love champagne! But when it comes to sandwiches, I'll take a French Dip over a Jambon-buerre any day!
(But I'd like a side of baguette and butter to go please!)

No comments: