Friday, April 9, 2010

Thirty-one Is No Twenty-one!

It's no surprise to anyone reading this, how fast time goes. I'm sure we've all had those flashes in time, where we think, "Oh my God! That was ten years ago?!?"

I'm not the type of person that spends too much time looking back. I really enjoy each day for the new adventure it brings. I guess that might be why I'm always so shocked when I remember that I'm not a kid anymore...

I'm thirty-one years old, and on most days... I feel like I'm still a teenager. I'm sure a large part of that is what I do for a living... I don't have a nine to five job. Everyday is a different escapade. I spend time creating imaginary worlds and playing pretend with other "grown-ups" trapped in make-believe land... AKA Hollywood.

Yesterday, I enjoyed an amazing day on the set, shooting a movie musical with a talented group of friends and colleagues. We sang. We danced. We laughed. We stood on our feet for twelve hours; hitting marks, missing marks, and (because it's a movie musical) take-after-take of lifts... I had a blast! There really is nothing I love more than creating! Whether it be on a set, a stage or my living room.

...and then I woke up today, and it hit me like a ton of bricks! The only difference between being twenty-one and thirty-one, is the violent reaction your body has the day after a mammoth event... Sure, you might feel like a rock star in the moment, but once your head hits the pillow that night- good luck! My body aches everywhere and the bags under my eyes are so large they'd most certainly have to be checked-in at the airport! Wow. I'm not twenty-one anymore. I wonder how I'll feel at forty-one!?!

No comments: