Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Extraordinary.


After almost thirty hours of labor- my sister was forced to have a last minute C-section today.
I will tell you that my sister has always been a fighter, but this little girl proved she is a force to be reckoned with!
I'm pleased to announce that at 2:44 PM my sister gave birth to a beautiful, healthy and breathtaking baby girl named Kellyn.
What I was not prepared for is how, at the first moment I saw my little niece, my life changed in a way I could never expected.
I felt a rush of elation that I've never experienced before inmy life.
I'm so happy for my sister- The only thing she ever talked about when we were children was the day that she becomes a mom.
After my sister had cancer and went through her chemotherapy and radiation treatments, we knew that the odds of her being able to conceive and carry a child were very slim.
Proving once again just how resilient my sister is! In addition to reminding me that Faith is stronger than statistics-

No comments: