Monday, December 20, 2010

It's The Most Wonderful Time I'd the year?

I'm not sure if I'd agree entirely with the classic Christmas song.
If it's such a wonderful time of the year, then why am I so stressed out?
Coming home for Christmas doesn't have to be this hard does it?
Of course I'm so happy to see all of my family and friends;
Still, I wish that we focused more energy on spending quality time with one another- instead of keeping score with each other regarding the amount of time that we aren't together.
As if shopping, baking, wrapping, cleaning, etc. etc. etc. -wasn't bad enough, I have to consider how I should divide my time with each of the members of my family.
Each one reminds me, "Don't worry about hurting my feelings, go have fun... I'll see you when you get home."
But no one realizes that their demands are the source of my stress.
I'm flattered that everyone wants to see me,
I just wish I could be in three places at once!
Then we'd all be happy...
Until then- "It's the most Okay time of the year!"

No comments: