Monday, December 6, 2010

Holiday Head Cold...

Woke up with a dry mouth-
Burning watery eyes,
Itchy, phlegm throat;
I feel like I'm hacking up a lung!
I try my best to avoid these little colds...
I overdose on garlic, hot sauces, vitamin C and (as of yesterday) an abundance of Zinc!
Still, the scratchy irritated nose and lungs rage on!
By the way, did you know that phlegm is actually a good thing?
Apparently, phlegm contains "infection fighting substances" that help your body fight off cold or flu symptoms!
The good news is, by the time you're coughing up the nasty green and yellow film, the infection is almost over, and your body is trying to "expel" the phlegm naturally!
So bring up the phlegm! I want this head cold to be over...
I've got four more holiday parties to attend this week!

No comments: