Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 is my year!

...and so it is, the first day of 2010 and the beginning of a new decade is here.
Strange, I usually get very sad and reflective on New Year's Eve, yet this year I was utterly happy and grateful. Which makes me proud and positive that I achieved the majority of my goals and resolutions in 2009. (One of which has been on my list for many years... and now I feel like I may be getting much more accomplished at: Living in the moment!)

Of course I'm not perfect, nor did I finish every single objective... I was 3 away from a perfect year!

All and all, I've stayed very true to a well balanced year. So, in continuing with the theme of last year, and expanding on it with growth and enlightenment, I don't wish to continue talking about 2009 anymore.

2010 is my year!

I am more confident about the coming 364 days then ever before! I'm not sure where the motivation came from, or why... However, I have no intention of questioning it! Only to use this steam as the driving force to make EVERY single goal and resolution in this year to advance me further into my passion for living a full life and creating projects that satisfy my desire as an artist.

I've spent the greater part of my life working night and day toward my dream and passion, and what I've only just recently realized is that I'm living my dream every day! ...and have been for the last decade.

My grandma reminded me of something I've heard a thousand times before, and for some reason I heard it in a new way this past week...

She said, "You've spent the last 12 years of your life, waking up doing what you love and dreamed about your whole life... and you've gotten by just fine!"

The last part in particular is what moved me. For so long the idea of "getting by" killed me! I wanted more than that! I've worked so hard and had dreamed as a kid that by this time in my life I'd not only be "getting by" but I would have "made it" by now.

I guess for the past five or six years, I've been consumed with all the things wrong with following my passion and working towards my career, that I've failed to see that I am "making it" every day! I'm creating my own projects and blazing my own path. I didn't give up. That is "making it!" Not just in LA as an entertainer, but in life.

EVERYONE is "getting by." We all aspire for more. We all dream of bigger things. What I completely understand now, is that I LOVE what I do. I'm blessed that I'm able to wake up every day and create... and the "bigger things" will come in time.

Living a balanced life involves realizing that some things are out of our control, and thus part of walking that tight rope is knowing the things we can change and accepting to find a way around the things we cannot.

I've decided that one of my goals for 2010 will be to post a blog a day! It is a huge undertaking, one that I'm not entirely sure I fully realize, nevertheless I'm going to do it!

I see it as an extension of the journal I already write in on a fairly daily basis...
It will be tough to balance in addition to the creative projects I want to accomplish, and the book I'm already half way through writing (and was supposed to be finished with by January 1st 2010) but I will grow from this exercises.

I'm on the fence about forcing myself to write if I'm not feeling creative at that moment in time, but I thought, "What the hell? Why not! The best way be creative, is to stay creative!"

...so here goes! This is entry 1 of 365. If all goes well, this will be one of several big goals I have for the coming year that will launch me into the next chapter of my life... or as I like to call it: The Decade of my Thirties!

No comments: