Saturday, January 16, 2010

I Love Lazy Saturdays!


There is nothing better than waking up (a little later than normal) to the delicious aroma of coffee being brewed... I slowly make my way out of bed and into the living room to turn on Saturday morning cartoons (though I miss the Smurfs, Snorkels and Scooby Doo!)
I open up the french doors that lead out to my balcony and step outside for a moment to let the rays of sunlight beat down on my forehead and wake up the brain cells...
I pull out two or three magazines from the stack that goes unread throughout the week, and dive in to the glossy pages with the smell of advertisement cologne!
I make my way into the kitchen, pour a cup of coffee, grab a frying pan and make my favorite breakfast from when I was a kid (not cereal) Egg in a Basket! (See picture above) I love the smell of the butter and egg in the frying pan, mixed with the rich bold coffee that fills the air...
Maybe I'll take a shower, later, and take a drive along the coast... or stop by a garage sale or go to the park... Or maybe I'll just stay home and do nothing...
That's the wonderful thing about Saturdays, they have no rules whatsoever!
God, it's going to suck next Saturday when I have to work!

No comments: