Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Happiness Is A Form of Courage.

I woke up today and was a little upset that it's still raining in LA...
...Okay, I'll be honest, I was pissed! However, I'm really trying to stay focused on positive energy, because as hard to believe as it sounds... staying enthusiastic over the past 18 days in 2010 have already lead to excellent new opportunities!
So I decided to take a peek inside one of my favorite little books (that I keep on my desk and flip through from time to time) called 8,789 Words of Wisdom. I cannot say that all 8,789 words are that wise, but I will note that the phrases that jumped off the page this morning all had a common theme:
Happiness.
After reading several of the smart words on happiness, I began to smile...
I'm not sure if it was because I realized that I was talking myself into a good mood or if the shrewd little idioms were actually working... but a felt a confident shift in my attitude toward the day, rain be damned!

My favorite: "Happy people change what does not make them happy."

I understood that quote, because it was working right in front of me... and has been for the past 18 days!
I've known for sometime, that to be happy is a choice that takes effort. You cannot wake up happy everyday. But in less than 15 minutes, you can probably find the courage to search for the happiness that I'm sure is there lurking around. ...don't be afraid to dig deep!

1 comment:

Burnt Mill Candles and Soap said...

hey at least it isn't snow! but then again I know how those LA people drive when it rains!