Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Golden Night...


T-minus 7 hours and 42 minutes until the 67th Annual Golden Globes ceremony!
I admit it, I'm a geek. I love awards shows and have since I was a kid... There's something magical that happens when you put a lot of big movie stars in a room.
...and I'm aware how many jokes can be made about that last statement.
But I think there's some truth to it...
For me, it's so inspiring to see someone receive an award (most of the time unexpectedly) for their work and be so moved. It reminds me that most people, famous or not, set goals, have big dreams and hope to aspire to be at the top of their craft.
Plus it's a perfect opportunity to throw a party with a group of your (still struggling) but very talented friends. Eat too much, drink too much, make fun of the bad fashion, and cry when someone delivers a heartfelt acceptance speech.
So, no more time to write... I've got a house to clean, food to prep and champagne to chill!
P. S. There's a new "Big Love" on tonight too, so it's a Golden night for sure!

No comments: