Friday, March 26, 2010

Chillin With Fagan!

There is nothing like a slumber party with your best friend... even if we are thirty-something!
Last night I landed in Pittsburgh, PA (I'm judging a talent competition here this weekend) and it just so happens that one of my closest and oldest friends live here!
Melissa Fagan, my BFF, greeted me at the Pittsburgh International Airport with a huge smile and that crazy high pitched voice we both use to shout our happiness to each other... "What's up bitch face!" (That's the term of endearment we use for one another.)

I met Melissa when we were both twenty years old! She was actually best friends with my girlfriend at the time... and we hit it off right away. Our minds think EXACTLY the same way! We share the same crazy, some what eskewd but still humors personality. We have the same thoughts and judgements of people and society... And most importantly- we LOVE food! In particular: bowls of ranch dressing and tubs of cream cheese frosting! (When we both still lived in New York, we would go to Dallas BBQ's restaurant and order way too much food, and then each of us would ask for a bowl of ranch dressing and proceed to dip everything we could get our hands on in said bowl of ranch!)

Needless to say, our friendship continued to grow from our initial introduction. Melissa is also a performer, and it turned out that our careers followed the same path... We both performed in the Christmas Spectacular at the world famous Radio City Music Hall in New York City! It was amazing to be on that stage and look over and see one of the coolest people I know dressed up and performing as a Rockette! For a short period of time we shared an apartment on the Upper East Side of Manhattan... until I realized how much I hated the Upper East Side and I moved out!

Over the past twelve years our friendship continues to soar to new heights! She and her boyfriend of eleven years are a major part of my life... We take vacations together, we visit each other and we spend a lot of time raging to one another over the phone about the crappy events of our day to day lives.

So, I'm here in Pittsburgh at Melissa and Marc (her boyfriend's) home... laying in their king sized bed watching morning talk shows... (Marc by the way is in Egypt... he is a dentist and is away for an educational trip)
Last night, Mel and I picked up right where we left off the last time we were together... Which usually includes bottles of wine, ranch dressing and chocolate! Not to mention a lot of gossip and laughter! The laughter is really my favorite part... She makes me laugh harder than anyone I know. I just love her so much because she is never afraid to tell me what she thinks, she doesn't hold back and I love that!

I'm not sure what kind of adventures we're going to share in this weekend... but I'm positive it will be wild and full of life! She inspires me to think outside the box (more than I already do!) I'm sad that Marc isn't here too. He's usually our voice of reason (which is funny if you know Marc) and he keeps us in line!
I can only imagine the trouble Mel and I are going to get into this time!


No comments: