Thursday, March 4, 2010

On The Road Again...

Uuugghhh! I really hate flying now! There was a time when all I'd dream about was traveling;
family vacations, exploring new cities and being on tour with a show... I loved to plan my trip, pack my suit case just right, and set off to the airport.
Oh, how times have changed!
Don't get me wrong, I still LOVE to vacation, see family and of course when I get to travel for free because of a show I'm in...
Unfortunately, I DREAD going to airports nowadays. Between the stress of getting to the airport, going through the massive security line, barely tolerating the nasty (and really underpaid) airline and FAA employees and then being shoved on an oversold flight, in a middle seat with no air, food or entertainment!!! FLYING SUCKS!
It makes me really wish one of my childhood fantasies would come true.... That I could channel my inner "Hero" superpower and be able to fly on my own!
Nevertheless, I must wake up tomorrow and battle my way to the airport as my touring schedule as an adjudicator for a popular talent competition begins a new season!
I usually end up having a blast, and I'm always inspired by the talent I get to see each year as a new generation of artist compete to find their voice... I just DESPISE flying!

No comments: