Friday, March 19, 2010

Focus!

Do you ever have one of those days when you have a million things on your mind, a ton of work to get done and no energy to decided where to start first?
I wouldn't describe it as overwhelming or paralyzing... because I've had those days too, and this is definitely not one of them...
This is more of an excitement! I have so many cool thoughts, ideas and dreams floating around in my mind, and I'm just not sure where to start first.
Every time I sit down to focus on one thought or idea, I find myself up out of the chair and pacing back and forth thinking about something completely different.
Even now as I write this blog entry, I can hardly concentrate on getting the words out of my head and on to the screen.
Thinking will always keep you busy! ...and I really like to be busy. Otherwise I have too much time to think!
I know you can really only do one thing (well) at a time, so I give my best attempt at directing my energy on one task, and slowly work my way to the next project... However, today all of the tasks and creative ideas are bleeding together and I can't make sense of where one starts and the other ends...
I guess I'll just have to force myself to forget about all of the projects and goals for a minute, sit in silence and wait for an urge to jump out at me...
At least I was able to figure that out! ...and look I got my blog entry done too!

2 comments:

Pallas said...

You are a lively and bubbly person. Keep it up, you inspire me!

Matthew Shaffer said...

Thank you! I try to enjoy life... it's short!
I really love what I do and it makes me happy to know that other people are enjoying it too!